A Universal Platform for the IoT-Connected Car
The Internet of Things (IoT) presents vehicle manufacturers with an excellent opportunity to accelerate their time-to-value and deliver new, innovative and interactive services to customers. Read the full paper, "The Internet of Things and Connected Cars," to learn more.
Beyond the basic concept of a connected vehicle equipped with Internet access, new markets have emerged. These include Vehicle-to-Infrastructure, Vehicle-to-Vehicle, Vehicle-to-Cloud, Vehicle-to-Pedestrian and Vehicle-to-Everything.
All that can be daunting. But with help from our Universal IoT Platform, built around our proprietary IoT reference architecture, there’s no need for manufacturers or service providers to go it alone.
Our Universal IoT Platform makes it easy to onboard new use cases and rapidly achieve successful outcomes, including:
- Reduced complexity through pre-integrated modules for data acquisition, validation and analysis
- Lowered risk due to compliance with the oneM2M standard and data model
- Faster time-to-value through the use of as-a-service hosted models
- Lower total cost of ownership (TCO) due to the elimination of capital expenses, providing outstanding pricing
Our Universal IoT Platform also provides ubiquitous connectivity. It enables the connection and exchange of information among heterogeneous IoT devices and applications.
Our IoT platform also offers federation for device and service management, data acquisition and data exposure. This helps companies consolidate data that had been previously unavailable, empowering them to drive even more value.
At the heart of this platform is our IoT reference architecture. It incorporates our own carrier-grade connectivity and applications, custom IP, cloud-based as-a-service distribution, and value-added functions including big data analytics, portals and services.
This reference architecture is designed to be agnostic toward industry vertical, use case, protocol and connectivity. And its alignment with the oneM2M standard and data model means there are already hundreds of use cases covering more than a dozen key verticals, all natively supported by our Universal IoT Platform.
Combined with our years of IoT experience, this approach can help you accelerate time-to-market, use industry-leading components, quickly launch new capabilities, and achieve future enhancements by leveraging our world-class research.
Ready to create the new connected car? Find out more about:
- The 5 new categories of connected-car use cases
- The next big steps in connected-car evolution
- How our Universal IoT Platform makes it easy to succeed with connected cars
- Why an IoT reference architecture can help you create new value
- New ways to create service offerings with faster time-to-market
Get connected with connected cars. Read the full paper, "The Internet of Things and Connected Cars."