CSC Launches Next-Generation Big Data Platform as a Service
News Release -- June 26, 2014
- New Compliance, Management and Security Capabilities Available Globally
- Unique “as-a-Service” Offer Seamlessly Integrates Apache Hadoop, NoSQL and Stream Processing
- Enterprise Grade Platform Extended and Hardened Through CSC’s Acquisitions and Investments in Big Data, Cloud and Cybersecurity
- Fully Deployable within 30 Days to Quickly Generate Actionable Insights
FALLS CHURCH, Va., June 26, 2014—CSC (NYSE: CSC), a global leader in next-generation IT services and solutions, has added new security, compliance, data infrastructure technologies, and cloud deployment options to its open source Big Data Platform as a Service (BDPaaS) offering, which enables enterprise and public sector clients to get up and running in 30 days or less across a variety of cloud and dedicated architectures.
The CSC BDPaaS has been engineered to support an "as-a-Service" on several cloud infrastructures including Amazon, CSC Cloud Solutions, RedHat OpenStack and VMware VSphere private clouds. This allows flexible deployment models within the customer's datacenter as well as trusted third party datacenters including CSC’s. With the CSC BDPaaS, CSC customers are also able to leverage the ServiceMesh Agility PlatformTM, which provides cloud management, governance, and security across public, private and hybrid clouds.
CSC BDPaaS offers batch analytics, fine-grained and interactive analytics, and real-time streaming analytics. Along with a suite of improved next-generation reference architectures for IBM, SAP, Oracle, and Teradata, it is the only “as a service” offering that seamlessly integrates with Hadoop, Ad-Hoc Query and Streaming analytics to support high volumes, high velocities and any type of data.
“CSC is uniquely positioned to support predictive and prescriptive analytics for actionable insights from internal and external data to better manage customer intelligence, product innovation, risks and operational efficiencies,” said Jim Kaskade, vice president and general manager, Big Data & Analytics, CSC. “Clients can minimize up-front costs and leverage existing technology investments without sacrificing time-to-market mandates. We’re helping clients unlock the power and potential of Big Data with greater speed, efficiency and confidence.”
Commercial and public sectors especially healthcare, insurance, finance and banking, diversified, and manufacturing, can benefit from CSC’s BDPaaS with:
- Insights from data in less than 30 days, even in the most complex hybrid environments;
- Ability to exploit previously untapped enterprise and machine generated data;
- Scale up/down infrastructure and services-as-needed to align spend with expected returns;
- Quick-start proofs of concept with ability to rapidly operationalize;
- Ability to rapidly develop, test and deploy analytic models and applications to accelerate time to value;
- Integration of the Hortonworks Data Platform and Mongo DB as well as enhancements to our support of Storm, Hbase, Elasticsearch and Cloudera Distribution for Hadoop;
- Enhanced support for HIPPA, PCI and other regulatory standards for applications with compliance requirements; and
- Enterprise-class security.
“CSC is a valued Hortonworks partner, helping enable and expand the ecosystem around 100-percent open source Apache Hadoop,” said John Kreisa, vice president of strategic marketing at Hortonworks. “With the launch of CSC BDPaaS, which leverages the capabilities of the Hortonworks Data Platform, clients can better manage their Hadoop distributions to capture and analyze their diverse data streams with greater precision to deliver new insights.”
“This is a very competitive as-a-service offering that truly does take a platform approach to Big Data and Analytics requirements by integrating Hadoop, relational and streaming technologies to support high volumes of any type of data at any speed,” said Dan Vesset, program VP Business Analytics and Big Data, IDC. “CSC’s ability to offer and support a number of open source as well as enterprise technologies on an integrated platform gives clients options to better address a wide variety of current and future Big Data use cases.”
IDC expects the market for Big Data technology and services to grown from $12.6 billion in 2013 to $32.4 billion in 2017 at a compound annual growth rate of 27 percent.
View this video with Jim Kaskade discussing CSC’s next-generation BDPaaS offering.
CSC is a global leader of next-generation information technology (IT) services and solutions. The company's mission is to enable superior returns on clients’ technology investments through best-in-class industry solutions, domain expertise and global scale. CSC has approximately 79,000 employees and reported revenue of $13.0 billion for the 12 months ended March 28, 2014. For more information, visit the company's website at www.dxc.technology.
ServiceMesh Agility Platform is a trademark of CSC. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.