DXC's Pharmacy Management allows all aspects of hospital pharmacy practice to be managed within a single system.
DXC's Pharmacy Management solutions allows all aspects of hospital pharmacy practice to be managed within a single system, allowing you to track pharmacy dispensing, inventory and cost center accounting requirements.
DXC's Pharmacy solutions provide you with a better way to manage pharmacy information. Developed with expertise gained from over 18 years experience in hospital pharmacies, our solutions are designed to help you improve the quality of patient care while alleviating time constraints.
Our intuitive modular components cover dispensing, manufacturing, inventory controls and cost centre accounting. Start accurately maintaining your inventory movements in a true multi-site, multi-store environment that is scalable from a single PC on a single site through to a large regional implementation.
- Multi-organizational capability to support regional and population health models
- Operates across a number of technology platforms including wireless and portable devices
- Automates manual processes for efficiency
- Improves quality control and reduces medication errors
Dispensing and Prescribing
Our Pharmacy Management solutions provide you with a comprehensive medication dispensing and prescription monitoring tool. You can control special products, IV/Aspetic/Extemp dispensing and parenteral nutrition with the one software solution.
- Dispense new, single or multiple items from the previously entered medication history
- Dispense repeat prescriptions and standard formulae
- View all drugs dispensed to patients
- Print patient medication charts, variable dosage charts and information leaflets at any time
- Monitor drug allergies and interactions
- Notify users of potential adverse drug events.
- Maintain on-line registers of patients on clinical trial and special access schemes
- Alert pharmacists whenever a special product is dispensed without a valid authority
- Reprint Labels and Batch Sheets
- Add multiple drugs and fluids to individual preparations with accurate total volume calculation
- Allow for additions, changes and deletions from pre-recorded formulae.
- Print Batch Sheets detailing all products to be used, quantities selected and detailed constituent labels
- Receive and process HL7 electronic medication orders generated from any internal or external system
- Communicate actions back to external systems as the pharmacist processes the script
Improve your clinical performance and quality control with our full set of clinical intervention recording features.
- Record all clinical interventions
- Enter comments regarding any event
- Recall unresolved interventions for further comment at a later period.
- Record all patient, product, pharmacist, date and prescriber details
- Integrate clinical notes with recording of mediation related adverse events
Supply Chain and Stock Control
Our Pharmacy Management solutions include full stock management, e-supply chain, ward stock impresting and all types of dispensing, compounding and repackaging functionality. They are designed to improve patient care and workflow efficiencies through better product control.
- Construct multiple ward stock lists
- Define and change products, locations, shelf levels and stock quantities
- Produce a ward stock sheet with a full description of the product for each location
- Record all daily issues
- Enter the requested distributions from imprest sheets or requisitions
- Use portable devices for remote recording of requirements
- Record details of items kept in any drug trolley,crash cart, doctor’s emergency kit etc
- Monitor kits for expiring products or replenishment and replacements as required.
- Enquire, add, edit or report on any product in the pharmacy.
- Products can be Current/Not Current and Formulary/Not Formulary.
- Assign multiple suppliers to any one product
- Assign multiple stores and locations for stock lines
- Record and maintain drug interactions and incompatibilities
- Set current status, formulary status and supply restrictions at a site level
- Produce a formulary (or part-formulary) for the use of medical/nursing staff
- Use drug codes to produce a therapeutic or pharmacological formulary
Fully customizable to your needs, our reporting functionality helps improve workflows and costing procedures by allowing you to automate procedures and free your clinical staff to focus on other tasks.
- Utilize over 100 standard reports
- Customize reports and forms locally
- Create user generated reports from scratch for ad hoc reporting
- Supply full clinical cost details of all items to the patient
- Generate standard costing reports by Individual Patient, Single Prescriber, Medical Team, Prescription Type or Ward/Unit/Clinic
- Include standard data elements such as script numbers, date of prescription, product description, label instructions, quantity and cost of drug, pharmacist initials and doctor name in reports