Secure Consumer Trust leverages DXC’s cybersecurity services to help retailers better detect and fend off advanced threats.
Identity and security breaches continue to increase and, as they do, so too does consumer awareness around cybersecurity risk. In fact, 83 percent of customers are aware of security breaches and which brands were affected. Meanwhile, 59 percent say that a data breach would have a negative impact on their trust in a brand and make it less likely that they would purchase products from that brand.
In other words, the importance of preventing data breaches is now twofold. It is, of course, about keeping customer data safe and secure. But it is now also about the transactional customer experience — making cybersecurity capabilities apparent to the end user without sacrificing convenience.
Perception, of course, must match reality, and DXC’s Secure Consumer Trust solution helps retailers accomplish both — better detect and fend off advanced threats while giving customers more confidence regarding the privacy of their personal data.
The Secure Consumer Trust solution leverages DXC’s industry leading cybersecurity services — around network security, endpoint security, and identity access and management — and places them in a retail-specific context, allowing clients to better protect against and detect advanced threats.
DXC Secure Consumer Trust has two primary components:
- Secure Consumer Platforms: World-class network and security platforms that provide retailers with the confidence that their sensitive information and networks are protected through the design and management of secure network services that safely connect users, partners and clients to the information they need.
- Consumer Cyberassurance: World-class cybersecurity offerings that protect customer privacy while driving greater intimacy and loyalty, ultimately boosting confidence in the brand’s ability to adequately protect personal information.
Together, these two components allow retailers to embark on a cybersecurity approach focused on protection, intelligence and prevention. To learn more about this approach and how to best leverage it, DXC suggests the following options to get started:
- Independent Testing Assessment: DXC can assess your existing test program and how overall security might be improved.
- PCI Compliance Consulting: Leverage DXC’s cyberexpertise and consulting resources to validate PCI compliance of all mandatory systems.
- Cybersecurity Assessment: Assess how DXC could help modernize your mandatory and discretionary security policies, and implement modern platforms and safeguards to enable next-generation services inside and outside of the enterprise.