DXC provides the expertise, capabilities and solutions to support the omnichannel customer experience.
In any industry, but especially in the retail space, the power of an amazing brand experience cannot be overestimated. A positive experience — seamless, relevant and consistent across all customer touchpoints — can turn an end customer into a brand advocate.
The difficulty of providing such an experience, however, cannot be overestimated. Today, 71 percent of consumers expect to view in-store inventory online, and 51 percent expect a retailer’s product offerings to be the same across multiple channels. Meanwhile, 50 percent of shoppers expect to be able to purchase a product online and then pick it up in the store.
However, only about a third of retailers have operationalized even the basics of store pickup and cross-channel inventory visibility. To be frank, the omnichannel, digital customer experience that today’s consumers demand exceeds the current IT capabilities of most retail companies. Any initiative to improve customer service goes beyond the creation or rehabilitation of front-end systems. Instead, it becomes an initiative to modernize applications, rationalize application portfolios, deploy new mobile capabilities and rigorously test the resulting new environment.
DXC’s OmniChannel Engagement solution provides retailers with the expertise, capabilities and services to address fully the challenges retailers face as they travel down the road to a true omnichannel customer experience, offering:
- Digital Consumer Enablement — Leverage a consulting-led approach to enablement to improve digital adoption and enhance mobile capabilities through application modernization, a rapid delivery framework, digital strategy and testing assurance services.
- E-commerce Enablement — Drive a relevant and integrated omnichannel consumer experience by focusing on user experience enhancement, hybrid cloud services integration and e-commerce platform management.
- Order Management Optimization — Establish visibility across multiple order and inventory systems through data aggregation, provide a complete and single view of inventory, order status and fulfillment processes.
- Store Technology Support — Deliver complete store and travel operations support for new or existing functions, such as service management for employees and partners, remote monitoring of systems, break/fix support and new-store implementation.
Of course, providing customers with a world-class customer experience is a moving target. To win in this space, a company must commit to being in it for the long haul. That can seem daunting, but DXC offers a diverse set of services designed to get your operation started on the right foot:
- Omnichannel Testing Assessment: DXC can assess your existing test program and determine how overall quality of delivery might be improved.
- Rapid Delivery Framework Assessment: DXC can assess and recommend how to improve the development of next-gen digital applications.
- Customer Experience Modeling: DXC’s user experience (UX) team can help you develop a customer journey map and the capabilities needed to enable/optimize the customer experience to reduce cart abandonment and increase basket size.
- Application Assessment: Assess how DXC could modernize your application portfolio to enable more rapid delivery of capabilities and become a more efficient and flexible application development organization.
- Digital Strategic Roadmap: DXC offers a consultative approach to embracing digital and/or expanding the digital strategy to meet customer goals.
In today’s consumer-driven world, customers expect to engage with a retailer on their own terms. Gone are the days of dictating a single, branded experience to customers en masse. Instead, we are entering a period of increasing personalization. This will require retailers to get proactive — by rationalizing applications, placing them on a modern, flexible infrastructure and then deploying them across all channels. Going forward, that will be the only way to effectively deliver content that’s both “brand right,” relevant to and crafted for whichever device a customer happens to be using or the environment the customer happens to be in.