Shorten time to market and streamline processes.
DXC's Product Accelerator® allows business users to configure truly unique, market-specific products rapidly. Its ACORD open standards and service-oriented architecture allow the easy exchange of information with other systems across the enterprise or among partners in a value chain.
Advanced Configuration Software for Rapid Product Introduction
Pre-loaded with the industry’s most comprehensive insurance product content, Product Accelerator allows for rapid time to market and reduces reliance on IT staff by allowing non-technical users to configure both calculations and product definitions with graphical, drag-and-drop software. Users can access templates for the industry’s most popular product types, allowing them to rapidly create new products.
Support for the Entire Product Lifecycle
All stakeholders along the product lifecycle benefit from Product Accelerator’s comprehensive features.
- The pre-built library allows business analysts to focus on unique features and not redevelopment of standard products.
- Rates, rules, calculations and plans become components for reuse across entire product portfolios.
- A centralized application with specialized workbenches allows collaboration while still supporting the unique requirements of each development step.
- Data accessibility facilitates regulatory filing.
- Legacy administration system constraints no longer limit product configuration.
- Critical-path tasks, such as testing, are substantially accelerated for rapid time to market.
- One comprehensive system can replace several specialized tools, reducing total cost of ownership.
- Run-time rules and calculation engine performs in mainframe and mid-tier environments.
- Ownership of key tasks is shifted to the business users, reducing handoffs and streamlining tasks.
- The testing facility and methodology reduce the test cycle by 30% or more.
- A single repository for all product design specifications improves security and centralizes data.
- Legacy admin systems can be extended by externalizing rules and calculations instead of embedding them in legacy code.
- Functions and calculations can be standardized for use across a product portfolio.
- Testing can be automated according to your own validation standards and methods.
- Access to product information is supported by analysis tools and specific actuarial functions.
- Unique products can be created without traditional legacy administration constraints and programming costs.
- Product portfolios and fleets are designed and implemented based on standard components.
- A single configuration workbench allows tighter integration of marketing with the actuarial design process.
- Without the constraints of legacy IT systems, truly unique features can be created easily.
- Improved modeling facilitates competitive insight.
Product Accelerator can fully integrate with DXC's software for policy administration, customer service, new business, claims and distribution management – and has already been pre-integrated into some versions. Product Accelerator also includes support for full testing and product print activities.
Reduced Need for IT Support
Product Accelerator brings together DXC’s 30 years of experience in product definition, business logic, calculations and validation rules. Designed to give product owners control of more than 70 percent of product configurability, Product Accelerator will dramatically improve an insurer’s ability to compete for new business. It meets immediate speed-to-market needs and simplifies the product introduction process for both product owners and IT support staff.