DXC‘s speaker at VGTU: „Global Project Management“
2015.11.18: VGTU, central chamber, SRA-II 10
We invite you to participate in the open lecture on global project management organized by DXC Baltic and Vilnius Gediminas Technical University.
TOPIC: Global Project Management
SPEAKER: Simonas Rambynas, DXC Baltic Project Manager.
About the speaker:
Simonas has been working in DXC as project and program manager for two years. Also, he led the projects in Affecto Lithuania for two years, and held a position of resources manager for one year. He began his career at Sekasoft, Tieto enterprise where he held a programmer position (Lotus Notes) for four years.
Certifications: Prince2 Practitioner, Prince2 Foundation, Certified Scrum Master
Education: Kaunas University of Technology, Information Technology (Software Engineering) - Bachelor's degree
WHEN: 18 November, 14:30pm to 16:05pm.
WHERE: Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, central chamber, SRA-II 10
- Project Management (By The Book) + Global Trends: project management standards, examination. What is a project, what is project management, project life cycle, project activities, processes etc.
- Personal experience: What is Project Management? The most interesting (most important) aspects of project management, successes / failures, soft skills vs. hard skills.
- Global organizations (not only project management) features: globalization, virtual projects, onshore / nearshore / offshore, cooperation tools and technical, cultural aspects.
- IT service delivery organization's activities and aspects: the structure of IT service organizations (account), the key areas of service delivery (networks, workstations, servers / platform, applications, SD / IM), the T&T projects, etc., the difference between Barclays and DXC (from the perspective of a potential employee in Lithuania).
- Strategic development of DXC (how did DXC come to Lithuania?): in addition to the DXC‘s arrival to Lithuania history, the subjective opinion about where to start when thinking of a strategy for a large company will be shared.