Make Things Better: Use the Internet of Things (IoT) to Improve Design, Development and Production
MOVING PRODUCTION TO INDUSTRY 4.0
In the fourth industrial revolution, manufacturers are increasing speed and efficiency by connecting design, development and production systems to the Internet of things (IoT). In the Make phase of Orchestrated Manufacturing, organizations can:
- Accelerate product development and reduce engineering costs
- Introduce new technologies
- Integrate systems, people and things
- Analyze data to streamline production
- Secure IP and production control systems.
When production is orchestrated, line managers become empowered with real-time intelligence from systems and external sources to make proactive judgments affecting the entire manufacturing value chain.
HOW TO MAKE THINGS BETTER
DXC has unique strengths in all aspects of Orchestrated Manufacturing. In addition to building industry-leading experience in cloud, big data and analytics; DXC has developed a suite of solutions and an ecosystem of alliance partners to support your IoT initiatives and take advantage of the latest tools and processes.
DXC's Smart Operations is a powerful business information and analytics solution that uses data from plant and corporate systems as well as external sources to present operational insights. Plant managers can optimize parameters using information from specialized, preconfigured and user-configurable dashboards and reports
To support maintenance programs, Smart Operations provides predictive models to analyze equipment performance and reliability. It enables manufacturers of complex products to offer their customers predictive maintenance services that reduce equipment downtime, unplanned maintenance and overall costs.
OmniLocation® MachinEdge is an end-to-end suite of software and IT services that streamlines the development and deployment of machine-to-machine (M2M) applications, enabling developers to create custom manufacturing applications in days instead of months. It provides:
- Next-generation application platform for connecting products, systems, assets and people
- Custom application development, implementation, hosting and management
- DXC OmniLocation Visualization Platform
- Deep manufacturing industry expertise
- Select group of managed, collaborative alliance partners
- Ongoing research and innovation.
Cloud and Infrastructure as a Service
DXC CloudCompute® is enterprise-level Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) that delivers a highly resilient cloud infrastructure, security and network services, and resource and service management capabilities. The system is built on a converged, integrated cloud platform. It includes:
- An easy-to-use DXC cloud portal with full transparency into performance, availability, usage and chargeback
- A pre-configured service catalog to rapidly build, provision and manage multiple application environments.
Managed Security Services and Incident Response
Our Managed Security Services extend the security of your business by enabling extensive visibility, increased compliance, rapid response and the ability to manage vulnerabilities and cyberthreats across the enterprise.
DXC’s Incident Response (IR) Services can be retained on standby or activated in emergencies − before they are needed. This includes training, testing, rehearsals and coordination between your technical teams and our IR teams to preplan and position your response capabilities.
However, if you have an active cybersecurity incident, our IR Emergency Hotline should be your first call. We’ll deploy immediate help in the form of:
- Highly trained technical GO teams to identify and remediate the problem
- A full-service incident management system for secure coordination
- Regulatory reporting
- Stakeholder communications
- Detailed forensics, advanced malware analysis, and interfaces with business, corporate and legal departments.
Product Lifecycle Management
We improve manufacturing business and production processes with our own PLM applications as well as our cloud-based FASTCloud PLM environment.
We have more than 20 years of PLM consulting experience and alliance partnerships with the major PLM application providers such as Siemens PLM, Dassault Systemes, PTC, Oracle-Agile and SAP.
DXC's FuturEdge for Modernization is a suite of software and services that leverages innovations in cloud, mobility, cyber, social and analytics to modernize business and technical environments and manage application portfolios. The six components of FuturEdge for Modernization include:
- Application Transformation Accelerator
- Portfolio Rationalization Services
- Migration Services
- Re-Engineering Services
- Development Services
- Management and Broker Services.