Leading Wholesale Distribution Company Takes Control of their Supply Chain with SAP
Client:The leading wholesale distribution Company
- Lack of visibility and communication lines within the Supply Chain
- Key business modules need streamlining so performance can be more accurately measured
- Business Intelligence provides clear robust reporting tool at all levels
- Out of the box offerings were Implemented meaning quick and efficient delivery with little customization needed
- Outstanding reporting and MIS generation due to centralization of the information systems
- Effective monitoring of budgets & expenditure especially related to Plant Maintenance
The client is a public limited and leading company engaged in import and distribution of fruits, frozen and dairy products, serving customers across the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Head office is at Jeddah and 7 main branches spread across the Saudi Arabia with total employee strength over 1500.
To seek improvement in the performance of finance and controlling, materials management, production planning, warehouse management, plant maintenance, quality management, sales and distribution and human resources modules to reach the business objectives.
- Implementation of SAP across the Cold Storage facilities and sales offices in Saudi Arabia
- Clear visibility and communication within the Supply Chain
- Training of Multi-Cultural, Multi-Nationality, Multi-Lingual team
- Arabic printing of critical layouts
- Integration with third-party Route Sales System
- Handling of multiple units of measures
- Development of robust reporting tool using Business Intelligence
DXC Implemented standard offerings available in SAP which does not encourage heavy customization (like creation of User Exits) of core SAP modules.
However, to cater to some specific client requirements, DXC has developed ABAP Reports. Any implementation project involves development of around 30 ABAP Reports basically to facilitate easier Data migration from legacy systems to SAP or largely to cater to certain specific Statutory Reporting requirements, which might not be available as a Standard SAP offering.
Other Key Benefits
- Standardization of processes across all functions
- Effective Stock management
- Improved customer service
- Monitoring of budgets & expenditure especially related to Plant Maintenance
- All of the above has resulted in better execution, management and measurement