CSC Announces Addition of VMware vCloud Air to CSC’s Managed Hybrid Cloud Solution to Focus on Tier 1 Workloads and Enterprise Customers
News Release -- August 25, 2014
Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution Leverages CSC Cloud Migration Services to Accelerate Workload Migration to VMware vCloud Air
SAN FRANCISCO, Ca., August 25, 2014 – CSC (NYSE: CSC), a global leader in next-generation IT services and solutions, today announced that CSC’s Hybrid Cloud Services™ offering will integrate VMware vCloud® Air™ into its growing list of managed hybrid cloud options for enterprise customers. CSC also announced new Cloud Migration Services to provide rapid migration of enterprise workloads from on-premises data centers to VMware’s vCloud Air.
CSC Hybrid Cloud Services allows enterprise customers to dramatically improve their business agility and responsiveness by managing portfolios of self-service, on demand cloud applications and services across a combination of managed private and public clouds on a pay-as-you-go basis. VMware vCloud Air provides elastic cloud compute and storage capacity combined with enterprise grade cloud capabilities such as disaster recovery protection. By offering VMware vCloud Air, CSC is addressing demand from customers for new public cloud and managed services options for their enterprise class workloads, including SAP, Oracle, Sharepoint, and many others.
“VMware is pleased to have VMware vCloud Air offered within CSC’s Managed Hybrid Cloud Solution,” said Ajay Patel, vice president of Application Services, vCloud Air, VMware. “With this solution, customers can rapidly and seamlessly migrate enterprise workloads to VMware vCloud® Air™. Through this offering, we believe customers will be able to efficiently bring cloud economics to their Tier 1 enterprise application portfolio, while increasing their agility and ability to innovate.”
CSC Hybrid Cloud Services provides optimal customer choice by offering a range of managed service options, CSC professional services, CSC Agility Platform hybrid cloud management software, and multiple cloud deployment options including VMware vCloud Air, CSC’s Cloud offerings, and others. CSC’s Hybrid Cloud Services enables customers to:
- Obtain hybrid cloud business benefits using a pay-as-you-go model and CSC managed services, rather than building and maintain these capabilities internally with scarce skills and capital resources;
- Innovate on their hybrid cloud provider of choice, while adhering to IT standards and ensuring fully governed and secure hybrid cloud usage across the enterprise; and
- Utilize CSC managed services to consolidate billing across all clouds and provide real-time visibility into hybrid cloud resource consumption, including visibility in previous “Shadow IT” activity.
CSC’s Cloud Migration Services dramatically reduce the costs of server refresh programs by moving enterprise IT assets off the balance sheet and into an operating expense-based consumption model. CSC’s Cloud Migration Services have helped hundreds of customers in banking, insurance, healthcare, government, manufacturing, and other industries move enterprise workloads to the cloud globally in order to:
- Accelerate the business benefits of moving enterprises towards an as-a-service operating model including lower data center capacity and costs;
- Improve operational agility to rapidly support new business initiatives including expansion to different geographies; and
- Accelerate the software release cycle by deploying development and test workloads in the cloud, and supporting application release automation and DevOps in the cloud.
Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC) is a global leader of next generation information technology (IT) services and solutions. The Company's mission is to enable superior returns on our client's technology investments through best-in-class industry solutions, domain expertise and global scale. CSC has approximately 76,000 employees and reported revenue of $13.0 billion for the 12 months ended July 4, 2014. For more information, visit the company's website at www.dxc.technology.
VMware, vCloud Air, and VMware vCloud are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. The use of the word “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.