CSC’S Payer Optics 360° Solution to Enable the Intelligent Health Plan Enterprise of the Future
News Release -- September 12, 2012
Empowers Health Plans to Become Consumer-Centric Organizations
FALLS CHURCH, Va., Sept. 12 – CSC (NYSE: CSC) today announced the addition of Payer Optics 360° — an integrated portfolio of enterprise intelligence solutions — to its suite of specialized service offerings for the health plan industry. As health plans enter the new market under Health Care Reform, they need better insight and actionable customer intelligence at an individual level to attract, retain and manage high value customers and engage all members in creating better health outcomes. Payer Optics 360° offers advanced analytics and proprietary predictive modeling built on health plan customer data, delivered on leading edge data appliances supported by extensive CSC Health Plan consulting and technology services.
“Health plans face challenges — continually escalating costs, an increasingly complex customer relationship model and a rapidly changing consumer market with new regulatory demands — and yet these challenges present an opportunity to create a more loyal and engaged customer,” said Mark Roman, president, CSC Global Healthcare Operations. “Powered by our experience in building large-scale data analytic platforms and databases, CSC created Payer Optics 360° to drive a deeper understanding of consumers so health plans can positively impact the attraction, retention and management of their customers.”
The core of Payer Optics 360° is CSC’s Health Intelligence Platform, which analyzes and correlates plan membership and claims data with external descriptive data to deliver actionable information that helps health plans:
- Segment existing consumers based on marketing, geo-demographic and lifestyle profiles
- Build consumer profiles to identify engaged individuals who are ready to invest in their health
- Develop consumer retention strategies that can be used with existing and new customers
Born from Experience
Leveraging advanced analytics used in developing propensity scoring for the property & casualty and financial services industries, CSC’s proprietary predictive modeling mines existing health plan data (membership and claims information, disease management and lab results, if available) and adds external data (geo-demographic information and consumer lifestyle factors) to create actionable business intelligence based on individual consumers.
Leveraging Predictive Analytics
By using predictive analytics, health plans can identify common traits of individuals, for example, individuals who embrace healthy lifestyles based on their adherence to preventive treatment, subscriptions to health-oriented magazines and/or charitable donations to health institutions. Once the high correlation descriptors are identified, health plans can develop marketing campaigns using direct mail and targeted media to reach specific consumers and segments.
Payer Optics 360° is a comprehensive decision support solution for health plans that delivers deep understanding of the health plan consumer, delivered on flexible reporting and analytic software that links disparate databases across the organization. Health plans can leverage the insight of the predictive information across departments to drive higher margins by identifying, maintaining and developing long-term retention of high value customers through changing consumer behavior and health status. In addition, to assist health plans with their data mining efforts and enablement of the Payer Optics 360° solution, CSC offers four areas of technology consulting and support services:
- Data Strategy and Governance: For effective data analysis, health plans need to know where data comes from and ensure the quality, integrity and stability of those data sources. CSC consultants help create an integrated, enterprise-wide data strategy and governance plan.
- Master Data Management (MDM): MDM provides the processes and tools for collecting, aggregating and distributing data throughout the plan to ensure consistency and control in the ongoing maintenance and use of the information.
- Information Delivery: CSC consultants address the components needed to deliver information, including Data Warehouse Architecture, Data Implementation, and Data Management and Integration.
- Big Data Early Adoption Strategy and Implementation: CSC consultants help health plans integrate unstructured data and data flow streams from free-flow content sources such as customer call notes and conversations, web traffic and social media interactions.
CSC can deliver the Payer Optics 360° solution to customers through a CSC-hosted Health Intelligence Platform with secure access to our high speed data appliances, supporting analytics and ongoing enhancements, or install the Health Intelligence Platform on premise.
For more information, visit www.dxc.technology/payeroptics.
CSC is a global leader in providing technology-enabled business solutions and services. Headquartered in Falls Church, Va., CSC has approximately 96,000 employees and reported revenue of $15.8 billion for the 12 months ended June 29, 2012. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.dxc.technology.