CSC Vietnam receives two prestigious HR Awards for achievements in HR Management
News Article -- December 10, 2014
CSC Vietnam has been honored to receive two prestigious HR awards for achievements in HR Management from Vietnam HR Awards 2014 on December 10 2014. This is the first ever national HR Award organized in Vietnam. There were over 140 enterprises joined the award competition and CSC Vietnam is the only multinational IT service company received the Award among 13 winners.
CSC Vietnam won two Awards in five categories in the field of human resources management, which are named “Leading HR Practices 2014 – Excellent Performance Management” and “Leading HR Practices 2014 during HR Transformation” respectively.
The ”Excellent Performance Management Award” was presented to CSC Vietnam which is based on:
- CSC Vietnam goals are clearly defined based on business objectives and C.L.E.A.R. values of CSC. The goals are tracked using Balanced Score Card which is reviewed weekly by the Management team;
- Our Performance Management process is clearly defined and openly communicated to all employees;
- KRAs are written clearly and objectively, contributing directly to the achievement of CSC Vietnam;
- Frequently review goals and track achievement. Employees receive timely and constructive feedbacks and continuously coaching rather than having to wait until the official performance appraisal;
- Focus on developing our people managers as role-models. Especially when our people managers come from technical background and normally they are lacking of people management skills;
- All our rewards and recognition link to performance management;
- We use world class performance management systems: GPARS and Performance Center to implement our performance management process;
- Beyond developing our own people, we extend our hands to universities and community by providing lots of soft skills and technical courses for students.
The “Leading HR Practices during HR Transformationn Award” is very special because it is not defined in the published award category. The judge board decided to grant this honored award for CSC Vietnam as they have been very impressed with our HR practices consistently implemented throughout our tough transformation from PSV to FCG and then to CSC. What they found is that we have been able to maintain the same Management and the whole team in these acquisitions as well as to keep and strengthen our unique culture with high collaboration, can-do attitude, team work, commitment and give-back to society. Despite of difficulties we faced during the transformation, the Management team has successfully built a strong team in terms of skilful technical capabilities, professionalism and good English communication. This leads to high quality work and results in high level client satisfaction.
The two awards recognize CSC Vietnam accomplishments and strategic activities in Human Resource Management and reflect our continuous efforts to improve the quality and competency of CSC’ human resources, which are the company's main assets. This also has demonstrated our company’s excellence in management and leadership and helps us attract and retain talented employees who deliver high value to our clients.
About the Vietnam HR Award
The Vietnam HR Award is co-organized by Talentnet and The Newspaper of Labor & Social Affairs - the official publication of the Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs and under monitoring by Singapore Human Resources Institute (SHRI). The Award aims to recognize and honor enterprises that have displayed excellence in planning and implementing effective HR policies, contributing to boosting business efficiency and performance and enhancing the quality of their employees’ lives.
The program has taken 4 months with very clear defined and tough selection criteria, similar to CMMi level 5 that all of you have experienced! We have to pass several prerequisite steps:
1. Enterprises must meet certain criteria such as must be a legislative entity, not in debt of any tax or insurance (FYI, CSC Vietnam is the only IT company proudly received the award from Insurance Department last year).
2. Submit one page of executive summary report for HR areas in two languages: English and Vietnamese.
3. Submit full documents for the HR areas based on defined framework.
4. Do a presentation in front of the judge board. The judge board consists of very well know people from Singapore & Vietnam.
The Singapore Human Resources Institute (SHRI) is a not-for-profit professional organization representing human resource professionals, key decision-makers and interests of over 750,000 employees in Singapore. They come from a diverse range of industries in the private and public sectors. Founded in 1965, SHRI is committed to promulgating sound, effective and appropriate human resource practices. It is also dedicated to promoting and maintaining high standards of professionalism in human resource management and development. SHRI has hosted successfully several Singapore HR Awards since 2005, which is prestigious HR Award among Singapore and the Asia Pacific region.
Talentnet was officially established at the end of 2007 from the HR Services team of PricewaterhouseCoopers. It has since grown significantly to become a well-respected and professional strategic human resources consulting firm. With nearly 20 years of HR consulting experience in Vietnam’s labor market, serving 1,600 clients from MNCs to large local companies, Talentnet has played an important role in improving the country’s human resources and contributed significantly to Vietnam’s HR community.